- Important building block to help the body produce serotonin
- Precursor of Serotonin
What is 5-HTP?
5-HTP (5-Hydroxy L-Tryptophan) is a compound that the body naturally makes from L-Tryptophan. It is a precursor to the neurotransmitter Serotonin. Peak Supps 5 HTP capsules contain 100mg and 10mg Vitamin B6 per capsule. The 5 HTP is obtained from the seeds of the African plant Griffonia Simplicifolia.
Who is 5-HTP for?
5 HTP is suitable for anyone taking part in intense bouts of high intensity exercise or looking to increasing their 5 HTP levels.
Benefits of 5-HTP
High strength capsules, each capsule provides 100mg 5 HTP and 10mg of Vitamin B6.
5 HTP is a precursor to the neurotransmitter Serotonin.
Precursor to Melatonin.
Typically used before bed.
Benefits of Vitamin B6
- Contributes to the normal function of the immune system and nervous system.
- Contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity
- Long term use isn’t suggested (more than 6 months) due to its ability to change the balance of certain chemicals within the nervous system (Epinephrine, Norepinephrine and Dopamine.)
As a food supplement we recommend consuming 1 capsule daily. Best taken on an empty stomach before bed.
*Product is not suitable for vegetarians and vegans.